Melon Salad Recipe | Chinese Food
A refreshing fruit salad, which is especially tasty served after a heavy meal of many courses. TlME: Preparation takes about 30 minutes. VARIATION: Use a honeydew melon instead of the cantaloupe variety. Cook’s Tip: This dessert is best served well chilled from the refrigerator, so prepare it several hours in advance of serving.
- 1 large cantaloupe melon
- 1 mango
- 4 canned litchis
- 4 large or 8 small strawberries
- Litchi syrup from the can
- Peel and seed the melon and cut into thin slices.
- Peel and pit the mango and cut into thin slices.
- Using a melon bailer, cut as many balls as possible out the strawberries.
- Arrange the melon slices evenly on 4 small plates.
- Spread a layer of mango over the melon. Place a litchi in the center of each plate and arrange a few strawberry balls around the edges.
- Divide the litchi syrup evenly between the plates of fruit and chill them in the refrigerator before serving.