Meat and Shrimp Chow Mein Recipe
- 1 lb dried Chinese noodles or broken spaghetti
- ¼ cup oil
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz cooked ham, shredded
- ¾ cup peeled shrimp
- 4 oz shredded carrots
- 4 oz green beans, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 4 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2½ tbsps soy sauce
- #This chow mein is a wonderful mix of vegetables, meat and seafood.# Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Toss in 1 tbsp oil. Heat the remaining oil in a wok.
- Add the onions, ham, shrimp, carrots and green beans and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar, wine, chicken and bean sprouts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and soy sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately. #TIME# Preparation takes 20 minutes, cooking takes 12-15 minutes.