Kiwi and Coconut Duo Recipe | Chinese Style Fruit Desserts
Incredibly simple to prepare, this recipe is a delicious blend of kiwi fruit, fresh coconut and coconut milk. TIME: Preparation takes about 25 minutes. VARIATION: Coconut milk can now be bought in cans. It is usually of very high quality and is thicker than fresh coconut milk. COOK’S TIP: The addition of sugar to the milk is optional, and depends upon the acidity of the milk.
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 1 fresh coconut
- A little sugar (optional)
- Remove the stalks from the ends of the kiwis.
- Peel them lengthwise with a small sharp knife.
- Slice them thinly widthways.
- Cut the coconut into pieces, reserving all the milk.
- Cut the coconut flesh into very thin slices.
- Arrange the kiwi slices on a serving plate and surround with the slices of coconut.
- Add a little sugar to the coconut milk if desired and pour over the fruit. Serve chilled.