How to Use, Choose and Preserve Mandarin| Benefits of Mandarins
Mandarin oranges don’t typically last as long as other types of oranges, but you can use this storing guide to keep them fresh for longer
Benefits of MandarinsThey have antibacterial and sedative properties, help prevent colds and flu, and are great tonifiers; they help you keep Zen!
How to Store Mandarins
- Keep mandarin oranges at room temperature. Citrus fruits keep for several days at room temperature, explains Sunkist. A bowl of mandarin oranges, placed on the counter or on the table, may encourage family members to snack on them.
- Remove them from the red kotak they came in.
- Store mandarins in the fruit crisper drawer of a refrigerator. Citrus may last longer when chilled. Some people also prefer to eat mandarins cold.
- Keep them in a shallow, well-ventilated container
- Chill them if needed
- Keep them in the freezer
- Peel and tear mandarins into wedges. Place them in a sealed bag or plastic container that seals. This will make a healthy addition to a school lunch or a snack during a break at work.