Easy Sandwich Recipes: Smoked Trout Recipe
- 1 large slice brown or white bread
- 1/4 oz (7 g) soft butter
- 1 3-oz (75 g) smoked trout fillet
- 2 thin slices honeydew melon
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pickled pink peppercorns or a sprinkling of freshly ground white pepper
- Lightly toast the bread and when cooled, spread with the butter.
- Cut the trout fillet in half and arrange on the bread.
- Remove the peel from the melon slices, scrape away the seeds and place the slices on the trout.
- Spoon over the mayonnaise and sprinkle with red peppercorns, if used, or white pepper.