Duck with Pineapple | Microwave Recipes
A great combination that always goes down well. TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 9-10 minutes.
- 8 02 can crushed pineapple, or 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1½ tsps cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1½ tsps sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 piece ginger root, grated
- Pinch salt
- 5 lb duckling
- 2 tbsps oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 4 chives, shredded
- If using fresh pineapple, work in a food processor until finely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix well in a small, deep bowl. Cook 4 minutes on HIGH until the sauce thickens and clears.
- Skin the duck and remove the leg and breast meat. Cut into thin slivers.
- Heat a browning dish 5 minutes on HIGH. Toss the oil and duck together, and add to the browning dish. Cook, uncovered, 4 minutes on HIGH.
- Add the soy sauce, cover the dish and reduce the setting to MEDIUM. Cook a further 3 minutes or until duck is tender.
- Remove duck to a serving dish and keep warm. Coat with the pineapple sauce and sprinkle on the chives. Serve with rice.