Crab and Watercress Soup Recipe | Chinese Food
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz white crab meat, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 bunches watercress, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsps light soy sauce
- A few drops sesame oil
- #Crab and watercress make a great combination in this quick soup.# Bring the stock to the boil with the crab meat, onions and watercress and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water and add to the soup. Allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve immediately. #BUYING GUIDE# Ensure the watercress is not limp — it deteriorates rapidly once it reaches the supermarket.