Chinese Style: Shrimp With Baby Corn | Microwave Recipes
An old favorite which tastes great using an up-to-date cooking method.
- 1½ lbs shelled large shrimp, uncooked
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1 clove garlic, ground
- 1 small piece ginger root, minced
- 4 tbsps light stock
- 4 tbsps light soy sauce
- 4 tbsps rice wine
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 2 tbsps Chinese parsley (cilantro leaves)
- 2 oz snow peas
- 4 oz baby ears of com
- Heat a browning dish for 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Shell and de-vein the shrimp if necessary. Add the oil to the dish and the shrimp.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes on HIGH, stirring often.
- Combine the stock, soy sauce, wine and cornstarch. Pour over the shrimp, and cook for 3-4 minutes on MEDIUM, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Cut the stalks off the snow peas and add with the ears of com to the dish. Cut the com in half lengthwise if the ears are large. Cook for 1-2 minutes on MEDIUM, until the sauce thickens and clears.
- If the shrimp are cooked after 3-4 minutes, remove them before adding the vegetables. Sprinkle with Chinese parsley before serving. #TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 5-8 minutes.#