Chilli Tuna Tartare Pasta Recipe
- 350 g dried fusilli or other pasta
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-2 dried red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Grated zest and freshly squeezed juice Of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 500 g tuna steak, cut into chunks
- A handful of basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #‘Tartare means uncooked so this recipe calls for very fresh, sashimi-grade tuna. If you prefer your tuna cooked, sear it on a preheated stove-top grill pan for 1 minute on each side or until cooked to your liking. Let’s start chilli tuna tartare pastry recipe.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry gently for 2 minutes until lightly golden. Add the chilli, lemon zest and thyme and fry for another minute.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 4 tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and return both to the pan. Stir in the hot garlic oil mixture, lemon juice, tuna, basil leaves, salt and pepper and a little extra olive oil. Serve at once.