Chicken with Snow Peas Recipe
Snow peas bring a flavor all their own to any recipe. TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 8½ – 9½ minutes plus 2 minutes standing time. BUYING GUIDE: Oyster sauce is a common ingredient in Chinese cooking and is widely available in supermarkets.
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into thin slivers
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 3 tbsps rice wine
- 3 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 4 tbsps chicken stock Dash sesame oil
- Salt and pepper 4 oz snow peas
- Heat the oil 30 seconds on HIGH in a large casserole dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except the snow peas, and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook 7-9 minutes on HIGH, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Add the snow peas, re-cover the dish and cook 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Serve with rice.