Chicken Recipe: Szechuan Chili Chicken | Chinese Cuisine
- 3/4 lb chicken breast meat, cooked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps cornstarch
- 2 slices ginger root
- 2 small dried chili peppers
- 2 green or red peppers
- 2 fresh chili peppers
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps wine vinegar
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add the salt, egg white, 1 tbsp oil, and cornstarch. Mix and mb these evenly over the chicken pieces to form a thin coating.
- Chop the ginger, and dried chili. Cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok. Add the ginger and chili peppers stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken pieces, separating them while stirring. Add the pepper, soy sauce and vinegar, and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice. #Cook’s Tip# Vary the amount of chili peppers according to how hot you like your food!