Chicken and Mushroom Soup Recipe | Chinese Recipe
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried brown mushrooms, soaked and then sliced
- 1/2 cup dried black mushrooms, soaked and then sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp monosodium glutamate (optional) Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsps Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry (optional)
- Pinch ground white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot blended with 1 tbsp stock
- #A classic combination which works well.# Stir-fry the mushrooms in the oil for 2 minutes and then remove them.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan with the remaining ingredients, apart from the cornstarch and mushrooms.
- Add the blended cornstarch and the mushrooms, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately. #COOK’S TIP# It is well worth hunting for the dried mushrooms as they taste wonderful. They are available in health food stores and Chinese supermarkets.