Bamboo Shoots with Green Vegetables Recipe
This side dish is perfect with Peking duck.
- Oil for cooking
- 8 oz chopped spinach, or chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 tsp monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 4 oz bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Pinch monosodium glutamate
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsps water
- 1 tbsp cooked oil
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in the wok.
- Fry the spinach for 2 minutes and add the mixed seasoning ingredients, except the bamboo shoots. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from the wok onto a dish.
- Heat the wok and add 1 tbsp oil. Add the bamboo shoots and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the spinach mixture to the wok. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Add to the wok and cook for 1-2 minutes. #TlME: Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking takes 10-12 minutes.# #COOC’S TIP: Bamboo shoots should always be bought on the day they are to be used as they deteriorate rapidly.#