Baked Red Snapper with Potatoes and Olives
- 1 lb (500 g) potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 3 oz (75 g) butter
- 6 oz (4 x 175 g) red snapper, filleted
- 6 oz (175 g) pitted black and green
- Olives olive oil, for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
- Sprigs of dill, to garnish
- Arrange the sliced potatoes and lemons in a layer at the bottom of a large greased shallow baking dish or roasting tin and dot generously with butter.
- Place the fish on top of the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and scatter the olives over the snapper.
- Sprinkle the fish generously with olive oil and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5, for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the fish, or until the flesh flakes easily and is tender. Serve at once, sprinkled with dill.