Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe
- #Makes About 1 Cup#
- Half of one ripe avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably fat-free
- 1 generous handful of cilantro or parsley leaves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons juice of grilled lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- #This tasty mayonnaise is great with chicken or turkey burgers. It also pairs well with potato salad. Serve it with grilled asparagus as a starter. The options are numerous. My suggestion was to serve it alongside Meatloaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Double the recipe when serving more than 4 people. You can make good use of avocados Which are slightly over ripe. Cut out any braised parts and mash the creamy flesh.# Mash avocado with a fork in a bowl. Add cilantro (or parsley) and mayonnaise.
- Grill your lemon halves on a hot griddle pan (brushed with olive oil) for a couple minutes until soft and charred. Squeeze juice of the grilled lemon and measure 2 tablespoons.
- Mix everything vigorously to combine (or use a hand blender). Taste and correct seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. It will keep in the refrigerator up to one week.