Apple Walnut Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 bag spinach (8-10 oz. or baby spinach)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (sliced into 1/8” slices)
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- #Apples and walnuts add crunch to this chicken salad. Make sure you try this Apple Walnut Chicken Salad recipe for a nice and light meal. Keep leftovers refrigerated for up to 2 days.# In small skillet over medium heat, toast walnuts until toasted aroma is released, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside. In medium bowl or liquid measuring container, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper together until well-combined; set aside.
- Divide spinach between 4 plates.
- Evenly distribute chicken, apple slices, toasted walnuts, Craisins and Gorgonzola cheese over the spinach.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette, and serve.