PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 25 min
CALORIES: 100 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 250 g (8 oz) pork fillet, cut into 5 mm (¼ inch) thick medallions
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150 ml (¼ pint) unsweetened apple puree
- 150 ml (¼ pint) Chicken Stock
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and divided into segments, pith and membrane removed
- Salt and pepper
1 Place the pork medallions in a shallow dish with the spring onions, grapefruit rind and juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste, and the parsley. Turn to coat well. Cover and chill for 3—4 hours.
2 Drain the pork medallions, reserving the marinade. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the medallions briskly until sealed on all sides.
3 Mix the apple puree with the stock and reserved marinade and pour over the pork. Cover and simmer for about 7 minutes until the pork is tender. Stir in the grapefruit segments and heat through.
- Calories: 100 Kcal
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbs: 9 g