PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
READY TIME: 30 min
CALORIES: 220 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for cooking pasta
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g (1 lb) plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) dry white wine
- A few ripe olives, stoned and quartered
- A handful of torn basil leaves
- 250 g (8 oz) dried tagliatelle
- 25 g (1 oz) grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
1 Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and garlic, and saute gently over low heat until they are tender and slightly coloured. Stir the mixture occasionally.
2 Add the tomatoes and tomato puree together with the sugar and wine, stirring well. Cook over gentle heat until the mixture is quite thick and reduced. Stir in the olives and basil leaves and season to taste with salt and plenty of pepper.
3 Meanwhile, add the tagliatelle to a large pan ol boiling salted water (to which a little oil has been added to prevent the pasta sticking) Boil rapidly until the tagliatelle is al dente.
4 Drain the tagliatelle immediately, mixing in the remaining oliver oil and a generous grinding of pepper. Arrange the pasta on 4 serving plates and top with the tomato sauce, mixing it into the tagliatelle. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if liked.
- Calories: 220 Kcal
- Protein: 6 (g)
- Fat: 5 (g)
- Carbs: 38 (g)