This delicious dish is fun to make and good for you, too. Enjoy it with shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, Salsa and Guacamole if you like.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 25 min
CALORIES: 300 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 625 g (1¼ lb) boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
1 To make the marinade, combine the garlic, oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken, toss to coat evenly and leave in the refrigerator for 10—20 minutes, turning at least once.
2 Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper and saute stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is slightly brown. Remove and keep warm.
3 Wrap the tortillas in foil and place on the lower shelf of a preheated oven.
4 Line the grill pan with foil. Place the chicken strips on the foil and grill about 7 cm/3 inches from the heat for 4 minutes, turning once.
5 To serve, place 3 chicken strips on each tortilla and top with the onions, green peppers and assorted garnishes as desired. Roll the tortilla around the chicken strips and eat it with your fingers.
Calories: 300 Kcal
Protein: 29 g
Fat: 5 g
Carbs: 34 g