PREP TIME: 20 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 30 min
CALORIES: 94 Kcal
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 1 celeriac root, about 250 g (8 oz), sliced into matchstick strips
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 g (8 oz) carrots, sliced into matchstick strips
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 150 ml (¼ pint) very low fat natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- Snipped fresh chives
- Carrot curls
1 Drop the celeriac strips as you cut them into a bowl of water with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
2 Partly cook the celeriac and carrot strips for 5-8 minutes in boiling salted water with the remaining lemon juice. Drain, dry on kitchen paper and leave to cool.
3 To make the dressing, mix the ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
4 Toss the celeriac and carrots in the dressing and spoon the salad on to a serving dish. Garnish with the hard-boiled egg, chives and carrot curls and serve.
Calories: 94 Kcal
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 11 g